Labels provide a way to organize songs. When editing a song, you can add labels to the song. These labels are visible to all of your SongBook users. You can view a list of all songs with a particular label, or search for songs with one or more labels.
Labels can be used in various ways. Here are a few examples:
- Topics (Joy, Trust, Obedience)
- Seasons (Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas)
- Song type (Choir, Children’s song, Special music)
Adding a label to a song
- Edit the song (by viewing it, clicking Arrangement info, then clicking Edit).
- If the label you want to add already exists, just check the checkbox in the Labels section.
- If you want to create a new label, type it into the text field in the Labels section. You can add multiple labels by separating them with commas. Note that labels cannot contain commas.
- Click Save changes to song.
Adding a label to multiple songs at once
- While viewing the main Songs page, select the checkboxes next to the songs you want to label.
- Click More actions… > Add label: label-name.
Removing a label from a song
- Edit the song.
- Uncheck the checkbox next to the label you want to remove.
- Save the song.
Removing a label from multiple songs at once
- Click on the label you want to remove in the Labels section on the left side of the SongBook page.
- Select the checkboxes next to the songs you want to unlabel.
- Click More actions… > Remove label: label-name.
Viewing songs with a label
To view a list of all the songs with a particular label, click on the label you want in the Labels section on the left side of the SongBook page.